Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Search Engines

I have begun my search for a call to a congregation, posting my Personal Information Form, and checking on Church Information Forms from Churches seeking a pastor. I am aware that finding the place where God would have us serve will progress on God's time, not mine. (So I am praying, "God, give me patience, right now!") I am encouraged because of your support and the presence of the Holy Spirit!

Learning about congregations from on line sources got me to thinking about the need for some special search engines for clergy. Sure, we are fueled by the power of the Holy Spirit, driven by a passion to proclaim the Good News of Jesus Christ, but what if, instead of "Ask Jeeves" we could "Ask Jesus"or we looked to the Gospel rather than Google, or put our faith in Yahweh rather than Yahoo?

Here's two verses that speak to me today, found in 1 Corinthians 2:9-10:

"But, as it is written, 'What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the human heart conceived, what God has prepared for those who love him' - these things God has revealed to us through the Spirit; for the Spirit searches everything, even the depths of God."

Now there is a search engine for all of us!



Peace,

David



p.s. I added a couple of sermons to the link- Becky gave "By Whose Authority" good marks, in particular.

No comments:

Post a Comment